Discolouration of the teeth can occur for a number of reasons including smoking, diet, certain medications and trauma. We can help restore the natural whiteness of your teeth with our safe, effective tooth whitening treatment.
What will my dentist do?
- We take impressions of your teeth so customised whitening mouth trays can be produced to fit comfortably and securely.
- We will show you how to use these trays with a special whitening gel and you will take these home to wear over a few weeks, for specified periods each day.
- After treatment you will come back to see us so we can check the level of lightening that has been achieved.
What are the benefits?
- Our professional home whitening trays are designed just for you.
- The lightening gel is more effective than the product provided in shop bought kits.
- Your treatment is overseen by a dental professional so side effects, such as gum irritation and tooth sensitivity, can be avoided.
How long does it last?
You can maintain your lighter, brighter smile for longer by avoiding food and drink that may cause staining, such as coffee and red wine. You should also brush your teeth at least twice a day.
Teeth whitening is not a permanent solution so you may require top-ups when your teeth start to dull again. Home whitening trays can be reused so you may just have to purchase additional whitening gel when you want to lighten up again.